In yet another follow-up to our previous posts (here and here) on bear sightings, the News and Record reports a bear was seen today in Southeastern Guilford County near Ruayne and Pleasant Garden Roads.
Still more sightings took place over the weekend on the western outskirts of Winston-Salem, near Country Club and Robinhood Roads, and Monday night Winston-Salem police shot and killed a bear. They defend their actions in a WFMY story.
Just in case you happen on a bear, here are some good safety tips from WXII:
• Do not leave food outdoors, including pet and bird food.
• Thoroughly clean grease from grills.
• Garbage must be kept secure in cans with tight lids.
• Keep your domestic pets inside or under your control.
• Advise your neighbors of these preventative steps.
Above all else, keep your distance!